Sonos sharing & forgotten sonos password

• 22 December 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

I have spotify and sonos and my brother is staying in my house whilst I am away.  I believe he can use his spotify connect to connect to my sonos, but for him to do that will he have to download sonos app and have that so he can control the individual speakers and sounder?  The main problem is I have forgotten my sonos password - and I have it on my phone and mac.  So if i uninstall sonos on both and reinstall (to get a new password), will I loose all my speaker settings and the whole set up? Thank you

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Hi.  The only thing that will lose your settings is factory resetting your Sonos devices.  So whatever you do, don’t do that

I suggest the following as a first attempt.  I assume your brother can connect his phone to your home WiFi?  If so then he should be able to discover your speakers from his Spotify app and play from his Spotify account using Spotify Connect.

https://support.spotify.com/uk/article/spotify-connect/