Answered

Sonos setup goes back to start after successful Connection

• 15 January 2024
  • 1 reply

I have two sonos systems. One S2 and one S1. The S2 has some boxes and the S1 only has an old Sonos connect which is connected to a turntable and an old play 3. This worked fine, but during the holidays the Connect disconnected from the S1 System and I can’t reconnect it.

Here are the steps I am taking:

1. Reset the S1 app
  2. Go to the start screen where I can decided between new system or connect to an existing one. I choose new system.(Connect to existing system only finds the S2)
  3. Unpower the Connect
  4. Plug it in again and old Mute until the LED flashes green
  5. check that the ethernet port at the back is blinking green
  6. Log in in the app and say that I want to connect a boost(I also tried it with product but it is just more steps and I end up with the same problem)
  7. I press the two buttons on the Connect
  8. The S1 App finds the Connect
  9. I say I want to connect with the Connect
  10. Wait about 5 seconds
  11. S1 App says DONE, Connected to your Sonos system …
  12. I press done, but get thrown back to the start screen(Step 2) and the Connect flashes green again

If I remember correctly, after pressing done I should not go back to the screen where it asks me if I want to set up a new system or connect to one. What am I doing wrong?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 15 January 2024, 16:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Maybe see if this will work for you, but this is assuming your Connect is a Gen1 only product and manufactured prior to March 2015, rather than the later Gen2 Connect….

• Power off all the S2 System devices.
  • Cable the Connect direct to your router to assist with setup and power On.
  • Ensure your mobile controller device meets the following system requirements for the S1 App and is attached to the routers WiFi network. https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/sonos-app-requirements
  • If there are other WiFi access points/wireless extenders then ensure the mobile is not connected to that, better still, switch off those extenders temporarily during setup.
  • With your reset S1 App and the Connect LED status flashing green try the setup again by creating a new Sonos System… if not successful then ensure there is not any security software running on your mobile device such as VPN client, Firewall etc.
  • If setup does work okay, then you need to add your WiFi credentials to your device - see below:

Sonos S1 Controller app

1. Open the Sonos S1 Controller app for iOS or Android.
  2. From the Settings tab, press System > Network > Wireless Setup and follow the prompts to enter your Wi-Fi password.
  3. Once the wireless setup is complete, disconnect the Ethernet cable from any Sonos products wired to your router.

If everything works, you can power on your S2 devices and any other WiFi access points and then all should then work for you, hopefully.🤞