Question

Sonos S2 won't index my music library

• 16 December 2020
  • 1 reply

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies

I have been trying unsuccessfully to get Sonos S2 to index my music library which is located on an external drive on my IMac. I have given Sonos full disk access and added it to allowed firewall connections as recommended on the Sonos site but the app will still not index my library. The same set up was used on the S1 app with no issues?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi there @bbg.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! Let me help you figure this out.

I suggest checking this article where you can find more information on troubleshooting problems with the music library.

If the above advice was followed and the issue persists, can you reproduce the issue then submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app (on the computer) shortly after it happens, and reply with the confirmation number, I'd start by reviewing your system and see if there’s anything causing this issue.

Let me know how that goes.