Answered

Sonos S2 on iPhone has black unresponsive screen

• 27 July 2023
  • 6 replies

For the past 24 hours my Sonos app has only showed a black screen. 

Running iPhone 13P on iOS 17 Developer Beta and latest Sonos update. 

I have removed app and reinstalled it, issue remains. 

Cheers for any help. 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 27 July 2023, 08:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Two things.

1. Sonos (and most companies) don’t try to keep up with beta releases of operating systems, only the actual final release.
  2. There is already a thread about this here; 

Thanks for the link. There is a lad on there who found a work around by opening app, turning screen off and then back on.

Cheers again.

Badge

Alpine Kiwi, your suggestion worked!  Thank you. However, I have to do this each time I need to access my Sonos App.  What is the problem?  Any insight?  Is Sonos aware?  

Pat

Alpine Kiwi, your suggestion worked!  Thank you. However, I have to do this each time I need to access my Sonos App.  What is the problem?  Any insight?  Is Sonos aware?  

Pat

Yes, Sonos Staff are aware. Other community users have raised the issue with them, but rightly, they can’t do anything until the iOS 17.* build is about to go to ‘general release’ to the public, as between now and then, the iOS beta software may change - particularly if there is a bug on the iOS side of things that’s causing this issue, that Apple may need to fix etc.

So iOS beta builds are never officially fully supported, until a stage is reached where they do become ‘production’ versions.

Badge

Thank you!  This is very helpful. I appreciate you responding to my inquiry. 

p

Any beta build of an operating system is not supported, not just iOS.