Skip to main content
Answered

Sonos S2 Alarm

I love my Sonos speakers but hate the Apps.

Sonos automatically upgraded my speakers to Sonos S2 app and I can no longer find access to the Alarm function on Sonos S2 app. 

Settings - Manage - ... I should have access to Alarm functions, but it is not visible.  Any help?

THANKS!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

16 replies

Userlevel 3

Sonos has kindly disabled the ability to add alarms, or edit existing alarms, from its latest mobile app update. But they say not to worry, they should fix it within a few months.

Userlevel 2

Thanks.  What a crazy way to run a business.  They offering functions on an app that people use, then automatically upgrade consumers to a different version of the app, then take away functions that they use and then making it complicated for consumers to downgrade to a lower level app to maintain the functions they desire/use.  

Sonos makes it difficult to use their products effectively… thanks again.

Userlevel 3
Badge

The word from support is use the computer app, just what I want to do when going to bed. Morons  

Userlevel 2

Puslinch…. yes, found it on the computer app.  Silly. I agree with you - the last thing one wants to do is open up a computer to adjust a sleep timer or alarm.  Thanks again for sharing!

Userlevel 1

Three bedrooms dependent on the alarm settings in Sonos and functionality just disappears. We must be the only ones using the alarm function in the morning……

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@Jgabro 

Today Sonos launched a new APP upgrade with this funcionality, You have to upgrade the APP and your system. See Post below. Today I have it 

Finally, SONOS found the easiest way to kill the company and grunt customers 🤬

… and besides ignoring the alarm ⏰ what moron’s idea was it to change icon color of S2 from yellow to black, so it’s easy to confuse it with S1 App ?

must be the same people who come up with all the other dozen of mal-improvements to further complicate and confuse customers 🤬🤬🤬

And while the same  upper class speakers competition focuses on real product upgrades like HiFi Sound Sonos extends its product range with lower class speakers and competes with China 🇨🇳 rubbish !   Well done !   Complete MORONS !!!

I am selling all of my 17 So-many NO’s speakers and built my home audio system again with SONY !

at least it got the HiFi I was waiting for SO-(many) NOS since 2012 when I bought my first 8 Play 3s and Play 5.    SO-(mainly) NOS betrayed all of its very best customers !!!     😭🥵😳

The updated app has lost all my spotify library playlists - many linked to alarms that wake me up in the morning playing these playlists - now they just don’t work sometimes.  Strangely those that use Amazon are still working but every so often a track will fail as it is “no longer available”

I’m really cheesed off with losing my alarms with spotify

Badge

It’s been more than 2 months since the new app was launched, but still no fix for setting up alarms. This is very disappointing. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Alarms are there for everyone else, as it was one of the first things they fixed.
Settings - Manage - Alarms.

If you can’t see that, check you have the latest app update and run the System Update (Settings - Manage - System Updates).

Then re-open the app.

Badge

I am not sure if I am doing it correctly, I actually deleted the new app and reinstalled it back in the hope that any glitches will be reset. However, this did not work for me.

i actually can see the settings to set the alarm, I can also make the changes but it just won’t save it. I been through this so many times now. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Did you also go to Settings - Manage - System Updates - Check for Updates, in case there is a speaker firmware update also required?

I have just upgraded to S2 and have a new Era 300 in my bedroom but when I set the alarm nothing happens. ‘Date and time’ allows me to set the time to GMT but no mention of date or day so maybe it doesn’t know what day it is? Any advice welcome. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I have just upgraded to S2 and have a new Era 300 in my bedroom but when I set the alarm nothing happens. ‘Date and time’ allows me to set the time to GMT but no mention of date or day so maybe it doesn’t know what day it is? Any advice welcome. Thanks

Edited, I misread your post.