Sonos Radio HD issue

• 9 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi all, 

I would love to try radio hd but when I click on the free trial it tells me I need the up to date s2 software. I check for updates which it tells me I am 😫. I've deleted the app on every device that controls my sonos system and reinstalled it yet its still telling me I do not have the up to date version of the app 🤷‍♂️..... has anyone had this issue and been able to solve it?

Cheers Dan

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Danblackwell32,

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for letting us know about your concern. Let me share some information with you.

Sonos Radio is available on all new Sonos systems through the app. To access Sonos Radio, your Sonos system should be updated to version 11.1 or later. If this the first time you’ll be using Sonos Radio, you’ll be prompted to sign in to your Sonos account and accept the Terms and Conditions. 

To help you out with this, allow me to ask a few questions to isolate the issue.

• Are you using an iOS or Android device? What is the software version?
  • Have you tried using another mobile device?
  • To refresh the network connection, have you tried rebooting your router?

​It might also be helpful if you can submit a diagnostic report, just in case something stands out there. Please reply with the confirmation numbers in your response. 

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns, I'll be glad to assist you.

Hi I’m running version 12.2.3 on android and apple. I’ve tried rebooting my router and trying other devices but it still tells me to update the s2 controller 😠. I’ve submitted diagnostics ( 1595615222)

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Danblackwell32

Thank you for your response and for updating us. 

Based on the report, your Sonos system is already in the S2 system and your Android device is up to date. Also, Sonos Radio is added to your system.

Let me suggest refreshing the network connection and your Sonos to check if this will make any improvements.

1. Sequential reboot to refresh your network and all your Sonos devices connection.
    • Unplug your network devices (modem, router, any wireless access points on the network) from the power and wait for 60 full seconds before you plug it back in.
    • Once the router is back online, unplug all your Sonos devices from the power. Please wait 15 seconds before you plug back them back in.
    • Force close the Sonos app from your iOS or Android device.
    • When the status light on your Sonos speakers are solid white, get back on the Sonos app and check if you're connected.
    • Test playback from and observe Sonos performance.
  2. Uninstall and reinstall the Sonos app on your mobile device.

If you're still facing the same, I recommend contacting our phone support to further look into this and perform some tests on the music services to isolate the issue. 

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns, we'll be glad to assist you.