Answered

Sonos Product constantly disconnecting from app and skipping queued songs

• 2 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi there!

I work at a retail store and we have two Sonos speakers, one in our store and one in our warehouse. We have constant issues with our Sonos speakers. When we come in in the morning, one in three times the app (installed on the work computers) cannot connect to the speaker. When we do manage to reset the speaker and reconnect, often the queue will skip over songs or play the first twenty or so seconds of a song then skip over. Sometimes the app will not be able to connect to Spotify alltogether.

Could all of these issues be due to a wireless internet range/strength issue? I suspect it may be due to our router being at the back of the warehouse and our till computers and speaker being at the front of the store. However, when I check our internet connection it says it is strong. Could it be the internet speed then? Just ran a speed test and we are well above the minimum requirements: upload 34Mps and download 90Mps. Not sure what the problem could be.

Is there any work around for this?

Cheers!

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 2 October 2023, 02:02

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Yes, these are all indications of difficulty of the Sonos speakers maintains a connection to the streaming source. This could be one of several potential issues.

The first I’d recommend looking at is potential duplicate IP addresses, something that frequently can occur with a bad router, since every time Sonos updates its software, the speakers request new IPs. Unplug all your Sonos devices from power, then reboot the router. Once the router has had a chance to reload, go ahead and plug in the Sonos devices. Alternately, you could go into the router’s DHCP table and reserve IP addresses for all Sonos devices, which will do essentially the same thing.

Next, I’d look at the wifi interference FAQ, it’s possible there’s something, either internal to your Wi-Fi, or external, that’s blocking the devices from periodically connecting.

If neither of those resolve the issue, I’d submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this outage, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.