Answered

sonos port not working as upnp renderer from foobar2000

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi my sonos port no longer works as a upnp renderer using foobar2000 on windows as the client/controller. Interestingly I'm able to use my Roam as a renderer and all speakers in my s1 system also work OK as renderer too from the same PC.

Even more confusing is that BubbleUPnP (android app) IS able to send a UPnP stream to the Port.

icon

Best answer by groove_regulator 21 April 2023, 15:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

28 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @groove_regulator 

Using Windows 10 build 19045, a Port and the same versions of foobar2000 and it’s UPnP plugin as yourself, my colleague was unable to recreate this issue you’re seeing.

He isn’t sure where he can find the same Windows build as you are on (19044), however, so we’re wondering if you can a) update your computer to Windows 10 build 19045 or let us know if the other computer you tested from is on 19045 already and b) send us a sample file that you know causes the problem. It’s just the file used and the exact build of Windows that separates your setup from my colleague’s at the moment, and we’d like to close the gap as much as we can.

If you don’t have access to a file-sharing cloud service, please let me know and I’ll message you an email address to use instead.

My thanks.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

HI @Corry P  I just received a sonos system update….streaming from foobar2000 to the port has started working again….🤣

thanks for all your efforts, here’s a diagnostics id showing it working

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @groove_regulator 

That is some unexpected good news! I’m glad to hear it’s working for you again.

I guess we’ll never know what was going on there. If it ever happens again, my first recommendation would now be to reboot the unit by unplugging it from power for a time.

You are most welcome!