Answered

Sonos + Plex service problems this evening

• 21 June 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have a Synology NAS with locally stored music files that I play through my Sonos system via the Plex service. It has been working well for months but just tonight, i see that I am unable to browse my files either with the Android S2 Controller or via the Sonos App on my PC.

I tried reauthorizing the service multiple times and each time a browser window opened and Plex reported that I had successfully reauthorized my account. However, when I returned to the Sonos controller, I was unable to browse my music files via the S2 App.

I then deleted the Plex service (via the S2 App) and tried to re-add the service to Sonos. Initially, the App responds with “Check your network connection. There was a problem getting started….” However, there is no problem with my network connection as confirmed by my ability to post here.

I have restarted everything -- router, all Sonos players + Boost, and I restarted my NAS drive. I have no problem logging into the NAS from a browser window on the PC and when I do, Plex is working just fine: I can browse all of my music files and I can play them through PC connected speakers. Additionally, all settings are normal in the Plex dashboard (including enabling of Remote Access).

This just started this evening. https://status.sonos.com/ reports that the Plex is working within Sonos but I don’t thnk that’s correct. 

Anyone else?

Thanks,

Mike

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 21 June 2023, 04:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

It’s possible, I just responded to another thread about an issue with Plex. I had a conversation earlier last week with a moderator that seemed to suggest that the status page requires manual updates, so it isn’t real time. Have you called in to Sonos to check, if possible?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Bruce,

Thanks, I just saw the other post (to which you had responded … “Unable to Reauthorize”). I have not called into Sonos but will do that. 

-Mike

Hope it helps. ;)

Userlevel 2

Hi Bruce,

Thanks, I just saw the other post (to which you had responded … “Unable to Reauthorize”). I have not called into Sonos but will do that. 

-Mike

Please keep us updated.  Hoping it helps you as I am in the same boat right now.

Same here. Similar setup. Synology NAS running Plex. 

Just this evening, I am no longer able to play Plex through Sonos. 

Sonos app says my Plex account needs to be reauthorized.  I reauthorize, go back to Sonos app and it says my Plex account needs to be reauthorized.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Well, I tried calling Sonos support but lost the connection (they close up at 11:00 PM EST so no surprise. I will try again in the morning).

In case Sonos staff see this post, I submitted diagnostic #425085822 (though I’m guessing it won’t be helpful). Details in the original post.

-Mike

Same issue (since last night), QNAP NAS. Can get through sign-in/authorize dialog, but then Sonos responds with “Account not found: Unable to add Plex account”.

Userlevel 2

It is working now.

I am experiencing the same situation. How was this problem resolved?