Skip to main content
Question

sonos Play 1 suddenly failing to connect

• 21 July 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi Folks. It is fair to say pre mandated Sonos upgrade, my Play 1 worked a treat. Since the upgrade it keeps telling me I am not logged in when I am, failing to detect WIFI ( even though all non Sonos services are fine). It also flashes up , ' no wifi detected ' even while it is playing a podcast. I have uninstalled , reinstalled, unplugged, factory reset ( the threads tell you that is ' game over ' for your device but the Help section gives it as the option to use when all else fails) . All else has failed…

Some of the replies seem to tell users by Factory resetting they have disabled their product permanently, why suggest it in the help section if that is the case??

Forget connecting to a rep, ' none available' over & over. 

I have not changed my WIFI/,Router or anything else and now have a device which does not function. 

Any suggestions please?  The reviews are terrible for the upgrade, but things seem to be getting worse. Love my speaker, frustrated by chaos of the app. Thanks in advance.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

My suggestion, we can only wait for a fix from Sonos, use a Bluetooth speaker in the meantime 

Thanks Camillo777. So it seems that Sonos have effectively detailed advice on their Help section which I have followed which has now effectively made my device useless.