Skip to main content
Answered

Sonos on Android unable to see device

• 21 January 2024
  • 2 replies

I have a Sonos Connect (Gen 1) with two speakers connected.  The Sonos on my PC can see them, but it does not show up on my Android (12) phone.  It was visible previously but no longer is.  I tried restarting my phone which did not help.  Also, I tried cycling power to the Sonos Connect, which did not help either.

What can I do to get my phone to recognize this device?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Do you have some sort of mesh network? As a guess, your phone is connected to a different subnet than your PC and the Sonos are…or even not connected to your LAN at all. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Do you have some sort of mesh network? As a guess, your phone is connected to a different subnet than your PC and the Sonos are…or even not connected to your LAN at all. 

No, just one subnet.  I just rebooted the router, powered up the phone, and can now see the device on the phone.  I have a lot of stale entries in my router, I need to clean it up!

-Thanks