Skip to main content
Question

sonos new app: only the system account can manage alarms

• 19 May 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello

The new Sonos app got installed. I, as the system owner, have the manage button to manage the system and also the alarms. 
My family members were able to manage their own alarms before, now they get a notification they need a system account. 
I understood only one system account can be created. How can I make it possible for my other family members to set and manage their alarms? As I’m not going to be the alarm manager for the family. Please get this problem solved asap! 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I made this point in one of the feedback mega-threads, but didn’t see a response. Fully agree that all devices on local wifi should have Alarms access. Another half-baked, ill-thought-through feature regression.

Yup totally ridiculous - whoever made that decision clearly doesn’t live with a bunch of teenagers!

I do not want to have to sign in to use the product I bought to have my data mined. I did not buy my stuff with that in mind. I just want to use my alarm on my Sonos. I’m not buying another Sonos product (I have 3) if it’s not fixed soon. I don’t like being herded into doing some stuff that I don’t want to do for whatever reason especially after I bought the product and it was working okay enough for a while. I don’t want to have a profile and be apart of some streaming service you want to debut in the future. If it’s not fixed soon, I’m giving my Sonos stuff away.