Answered

sonos move and Sonos Play 1

• 28 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi. I have just added a Sonos Move to my system which just has 2 play ones linked in stereo.
I can play both the move and the play 1’s separately but as some as I turn on the move the play 1’s are no longer visible in the app. 

Any suggestions on what I need to do

Thanks

icon

Best answer by ShaneS 29 November 2020, 13:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Try unplugging both the PLAY:1s and powering down completely the Move. Then reboot your router. Once the router comes back up, plug back in the PLAY:1s, and power up the Sonos Move. 

That should resolve what I think is a duplicate IP address issue. If it doesn’t, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it, or post the diagnostic number here for a Community Moderator to pick up.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis. 

Thanks Bruce. 

no luck but you could be right about the duplicate ip 

I’ve now discovered that the play 1’s are on Sonosnet channel 1 and the move is on Sonosnet channel 6. Should these be the same?

Thanks

I got sorted. Changed the Sonosnet channel to 6 on the Play 1 and then carried out a factory reset on the move and set it up again and all seems to be good now. 

Thanks