Skip to main content
Question

Sonos MacOS desktop app broken

• 5 June 2024
  • 5 replies

Hello all.

The Sonos MacOS desktop app is broken. It connects to the system but then goes into a loop of re-connecting and not finding the system. I re-installed it and all.

Any idea on how to fix this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

On the Mac menu bar, are you able to get to Sonos / Check for Updates? I needed to update it this pm.

Failing that, I presume you have rebooted your Mac since re-installing?

Badge +1

Yes, says No update required. Then says it needs to register some products and says No update required again and loops like that. I have re-installed, rebooted and all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Does it loop when you click Register Your Products (admittedly you shouldn’t have to register them again)?

Badge +1

Yes. It just says No update required and goes back to the update page. The iOS app and Web controller work fine. Must be a Desktop version bug?

It sometimes shows the control center. But after a few seconds shows this again.

Badge +1

Found a solution (I hope). Got a new router that combines 2.4 and 5G and the system was probably confused. Seems to work now after I splitted the channels on the router.