Question

Sonos library is on computer hard wired to internet; can't access

• 24 October 2020
  • 1 reply

So I have to have my PC hard wired to the internet for my work-from-home job, which means no internet via WiFi for the PC.  My music library is on my PC and I can’t play it.  I get error 1002.  Or I get “unable to play, cannot connect to //OFFICE/Music because the server can’t be found.”  Same when we use app on phones.  --  BUT we CAN play iHeart and other local radio stations, etc. Spotify, etc. from my Sonos PC controller and from smartphones.  There’s a lot of great music on my PC that I would like to play but I can’t.  I’m old school so I’m not great with a lot of technical terms, LOL.  But any assistance would be appreciated.  BTW, I have Sonos S1 (Series ID A100) with a bridge (Series ID X999).

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

A Windows service is required for Sonos to access files on the PC. If you’ve installed the Sonos PC controller, and configured the library share into Sonos via that controller, it ought to set things up automatically.

If after that you’re still struggling check that Windows regards your local network as “private”, not “public”.  

Here’s an article with more detail: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/813