Skip to main content

Sonos iOS IPA Files for Prior Releases?

• 1 June 2024
  • 6 replies

Does someone have an archive of prior iOS Sonos controller/app releases. 

My backups here for iOS span to my iPhone 14 and I can’t just restore one app, so I need the IPA file. 

I’d rather downgrade and have something USABLE, while Sonos fixes things.

I believe the most recent release prior to 80.x should be fine, as it was the older UI.

6 replies

I asked over on Reddit but didn’t get a response other than “use Google” 🤣 I gave up but maybe if you check the Reddit threads on iOS rollback someone might be willing to help

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Sonos should make them available, at least for the time being -- seems like a no-brainer.  I’d prefer to get the IPA from a trusted source.

Sonos should make them available, at least for the time being -- seems like a no-brainer.  I’d prefer to get the IPA from a trusted source.

It’s been a non starter from them, unfortunately. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Has someone asked Sonos to provide the prior release IPA and they said no?

Has someone asked Sonos to provide the prior release IPA and they said no?

I mean there’s been a large number of threads and posts asking them to roll the app back. Did they ask specifically for the ipa I can’t say. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

If I could get through to tech support (LOL) I would ask them for this.  I’m not willing to sit on the phone for an hour or more waiting.

Right now, the app (for iOS) will only allow me to listen to music through paid services, which include Apple Music.  I just want to play music through my local library -- but it doesn’t even have that functionality which is completely puzzling.  Same for MacOS there is an issue with it, no local library access.