Skip to main content

sonos ios app update

• 15 May 2024
  • 6 replies

Regarding the ISO’s app update, Sonos has forgotten to include access to Sonos Playlists. Currently I have to use the Mac desktop application in order to play Sonos playlists, which I use often. No point of having the Sonos iphone app at all if I can’t access these playlists I have created. 

Please explain how to find Sonos Playlists if possible on the iOS app or please update to include this content on the app.

regards, James

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

If you go to the app Home Screen (swipe the list of devices down) and find the sonos favourites and click on the arrow on the right hand side sonos favourites pops up (😡 f@!king animations!) and then scroll down , that is where I found mine.

And BTW if you haven’t guessed I loath the new app! This iteration is the worst yet!! If I wanted piles of pages I would pile my physical remotes one on top of the other, then at least then I wouldn’t have to go through 3 pages one after the other to get to the bottom one.

No “Sonos Playlists” to be found in favorites nor can it be added. Annoying!

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

No “Sonos Playlists” to be found in favorites nor can it be added. Annoying!

sorry that was where I found mine, but have since deleted the app as found out (other posts on here) that it appears all traffic to/from the sonos speakers now goes out to the WAN rather than staying local.🤬 if I wanted a streaming service (with associated costs) then I would have Spotify but I don’t. With out this app (as no remote) the speakers become very expensive paper weights!! Going to find out my old phone (think it has old app on it, disable updates and use as a remote) unless sonos decide to reverse their decision. Either way this is the end of the line for them.

Thanks for trying Jenny! I did the same and guess what? The previous version on my old phone is disabled. Damn it all to hellll!

Workaround - add all the Sonos Playlists to Favorites I iOS app. I am NOT updating the desktop app!

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Thanks for trying Jenny! I did the same and guess what? The previous version on my old phone is disabled. Damn it all to hellll!

WTF?????!!!!

I haven’t tried it yet 😢 mine probably will be too