Answered

Sonos HD free trial

• 14 November 2020
  • 9 replies

I just enrolled in the Sonos Radio HD free trial last night, but nothing seems to have changed on my app.  When I go to Sonos Radio in the “browse” section, I still get a box asking me if I want to learn more about Sonos Radio HD.  Should I be seeing a separate entry on the app for the HD version, or is it just integrated into the Sonos Radio button that is already there?  

icon

Best answer by Rowena B. 16 November 2020, 00:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @freemas, welcome to the Sonos community, and thank you for your interest in subscribing to Sonos Radio HD. Let me help you with your concern. You can browse and select Radio HD exclusive tracks and listen to them for a limited duration. Once you’re listening to a track on the Sonos app, the skip and back buttons will be active. When you tap the skip and back arrows you will be taken to a Call to Action screen and from here you can tap the “learn more’ button for Sonos Radio HD content.

If you’re still not seeing Radio HD content, you may perform the following steps:

• Ensure both the Sonos app and system are up to date.
  • Attempt to re-authorise
    • In the Sonos app, go to Settings > Services & Voice > Services > Tap on Sonos Radio > Tap Re-authorize
  • Reboot the Sonos System and force close and reopen the Sonos app

We’d appreciate it if you can submit a diagnostic report from your Sonos system so we can help identify what is causing this and provide the confirmation number in your response. Let us know how it goes. We'll wait for your reply.

Thank you, Rowena.  I have submitted the diagnostic report -- confirmation number 1153120754.

Rebooting the system and restarting the Sonos app seems to have done the trick. n

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @freemas, thank you for keeping us posted and for submitting the diagnostic. I’m glad that you can now see Radio HD in Sonos Radio. Upon checking the report, there’s no issue found in your Sonos system and I was able to confirm your subscription with Sonos Radio HD. If you have any questions about this. We and the community are always here to help.

Hi, I’m not able to skip tracks in the new Sonos radio HD. Please advice.

Radio is radio, and not a playlist, you shouldn’t be able to skip tracks, it is a ‘live’ stream. 

For the new HD subscribed radio it allows you to skip songs( at least that’s what they say in their promo).

Al

Reboot the system and still not able to skip songs in Sonos Radio HD. I have submitted diagnostic 349986924.

thanks

So I subscribed to Sonos Radio HD free trial . Have noticed that I can skip forward but not backwards at first both arrows are lit up but after pressing rewind a few times the option to rewind becomes faded . Sound is what I expect it takes a while on the S2 app to switch to another station IMO it should only be a fiver to listen to Radio  not £7.99 as other streaming music options offer more for the same price but that's just my opinion . 

The plus is I don't realise ALL the Sonos Radio Stations would be HD it just advertised a few new ones would be HD I think that needs to be made clearer to people offered a trial .

Once the rewind button is fixed I'm sure it will appeal. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi folks, thank you for reaching out to the Sonos community. We really appreciate your time and effort in bringing this concern to us. Let me help you with this.

In Sonos Radio HD, you can skip and repeat songs. Sonos Radio HD offers unlimited skips forward, and up to six replays per listening session. A listening session is defined as a period spent listening to a single station. Every time you switch stations or hits stop and come back later to start playing Radio HD again, this creates a new listening session. Repeats will only skip back to the previous track that was playing. It is not possible to go back to more than one track.

To further assist you on this, it would be best for you to continue working with us over the phone to expedite the process.  I recommend contacting our Sonos Customer Care support to remotely access your device and perform some tests on Sonos Radio HD to isolate the issue and to provide the best option for you.