Skip to main content

Sonos favorite limit

I know there where several topics about the sonos favorite limit, people explained the limited playlist is a feature.

But seriously, you cannot limit peoples behaviours!

Please increase the limit, its a stupid concept to reduce the possibilities we use sonos products we paid for.

Nice sunday, enjoy music :)

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @marc123456 , welcome back to our Community!

I’ve marked this thread as a feature request and it will be forwarded to the relevant teams for consideration.

I find the concept of “unlimited favorites” to be mind achingly absurd. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Unlimited sure, but for me MORE would be great. At least 100 and 250 would be better.

I run out of My Sonos Stations long before I get the ones I want added.

Searching through 250 favorites would be no faster than searching period, IMHO.  It’s anathema to the concept of favorites.  My idea of favorites is like the push buttons on a car radio, anything more than a couple dozen doesn’t save me any time.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Maybe the New Search will help a bit but I struggle with the current search tool One thing I give it credit for is the list of past searches, that saves me a lot of time, just wish it was able to be shared across controllers.

For me scrolling down a list is far easier that having to look up the spelling of what I want and then trying to type it in correctly.

For me scrolling down a list is far easier that having to look up the spelling of what I want and then trying to type it in correctly.

I get the point above about unlimited favourites - but like you Stanley, scrolling through a list is def my preference. The current limit is much too small IMO. 

I get the point above about unlimited favourites - but like you Stanley, scrolling through a list is def my preference. The current limit is much too small IMO. 

Agreed; I don’t see the need for more space but some may and those that don’t need it, need not use all of the expanded space if provided. 

I have also found that my favourites tend to end up having many that are rarely played and I find that it helps to delete at least one any time I add a new one to the shortlist.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Keep it to the user.

If you have a problem with scrollbars, just use 10 favorites for you.

But do not limit other people, we are all different and love the same :D

Edit: But more important is the main product, keep that working properly first, airplay is not really reliable, it needs sometimes more than 30min of clicking odysee and waiting for work to enjoy music, displays wrong group etc.

Userlevel 1

Hey, anyone is considering switching away from sonos? The recent developments make me wonder why the product I paid for deteriorates with every other "enhancement ". 

Hey, anyone is considering switching away from sonos? The recent developments make me wonder why the product I paid for deteriorates with every other "enhancement ". 

What has deteriorated?

Userlevel 1

What has deteriorated?

1. no Apple support for music stored on the phone - whatever the reason is behind (i.e. caused by Apple or not)
  2. Playlists for music stored on the phone - disapperared from Andriod app. I have mostly stopped playing my music - Sonos is now just a radio service even though the “hardware” is really good.
  3. Ads (as if “new prpoducts”) - being pushed to the screens
  4. Favs - very limited. I do not even remember my favourite radio stations. Ok here - I am removing Sonos radio from Favs.  

These are a few from top of my mind. Overall - it is worse than it was when purchased.

PS: Please, do not spend time trying to persuade me that I am using the product incorrectly and I should listen to the music in a different “Sonos” way. Some posts here have made me think it is the common theme on the forum.

@Vasily huh I forgot that #1 and #2 where options. TBH if you can’t or are unwilling to adjust how you playback music (and use one of the different ways you can do this on sonos) since these features were deleted you should switch from Sonos.

Oh for #3 you can turn ads on/off in your profile on sonos.com. 

Userlevel 1

@Vasily huh I forgot that #1 and #2 where options. TBH if you can’t or are unwilling to adjust how you playback music (and use one of the different ways you can do this on sonos) since these features were deleted you should switch from Sonos.

Thanks! Exactly - hence my question if anyone is considering switching from Sonos - what would be a similar alternative!? Spotify subscription to play over Sonos hardware - this seems to be an overkill.  

Thanks! Exactly - hence my question if anyone is considering switching from Sonos - what would be a similar alternative!? Spotify subscription to play over Sonos hardware - this seems to be an overkill.  

Wiim Pro maybe since your points #1 and #2 imply you want to play from both iOS and Android. Seems a bit drastic to me as you could move your files to a NAS and call it a day, but to each their own. You will probably get a better response in a different thread or ask the question on a different non sonos focused site.

Userlevel 1

Thank  you @Bumper 

I use them as bookmarks rather than favourites (they aren’t referred to as favourites in the stations section) and therefore to me it makes no sense to enforce an arbitrary limit.