Answered

SONOS drops off Airplay in Apple Music

• 15 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

My SONOS speakers are constantly dropping off my Airplay list as an option in Apple Music.  It will try to connect that give me the minus (-) symbol in Apple Music and not play on the speakers.  Restarts of router and speakers often helps but I’m getting tired of this issue.  My speakers NEVER have a problem if I use the SONOS app to the same speakers.  It’s something with the implementation of AirPlay in my SONOS system.  Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 15 February 2023, 01:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Not necessarily, but it’s really hard to tell. My argument against is that I have never had any issue using AirPlay 2, and I’m hopefully using the same firmware on my speakers that you are.

Why not, the next time it happens, submit a system diagnostic from the Sonos controller, and call Sonos Support to discuss it?

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network

I have the same problem. My two Sonos speakers worked fine until a few days ago but now the sound when I play anything on Apple TV but my apple pods work fine. I called Sonos and the lady basically said to call apple. She was no help all.