Answered

Sonos created two Living Rooms. Can I combine (not just group) them?

• 30 September 2023
  • 4 replies

My Living Room setup is pretty simple. I have a Playbar, Sub and two Play 1’s. When I set up the system I added first the Playbar, then the Sub and then each Play 1. I assigned the Playbar and Sub to Living Room no problem. When I added the Play 1’s they were assigned to Living Room 2. They are paired. I realize I can create a group to combine them and have all 4 speakers work but is there a way to “drag” the speakers so they’re in only one Living Room? My OCD wants everything nice and neat. One Kitchen, one Dining Room, and just one Living Room. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 30 September 2023, 20:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

You need to un-stereo-pair them and remove them from that second room, then add them as surrounds. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Or, if you want them for stereo music duties, they have to be as you have them now. 

Thanks! That worked. I unpaired them, opened up the app and was asked if I wanted to add them as surrounds to Living Room. Just what I wanted to do.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You can set the surrounds to Ambient or Full modes for music. Full makes then duplicate the front l/r channels, good for party mode.