Answered

Sonos controller for Mac failing to update with Mac OS Ventura 13.2.1

• 6 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Please can anyone help. I keep getting a Sonos update failure, after putting in the correct password and having checked the System setting app management for Sonos is on?

I really do not want to have to go through the whole uninstall/reinstall unless i have to!

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 6 July 2023, 23:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Sorry it is Ventura 13.4.1 (not 13.2.1)

Thanks

I think, honestly, it’s easier and quicker, just to delete the folder, then go to Sonos.com, download a fresh version, and install it. I think it now properly sets all the permissions for updates going forward. Just be sure to ’join existing system’ when provided the prompt. 

From another post and can confirm following worked for me rather than uninstalling/reinstalling:

I had the same issue for some time in MacOs. Yesterday I found that you need to authorize the “Sonos Installer” under System Settings → Privacy & Security → App Management. Once I allowed it I was able to use the auto update from the Sonos app itself.

From another post and can confirm following worked for me rather than uninstalling/reinstalling:

I had the same issue for some time in MacOs. Yesterday I found that you need to authorize the “Sonos Installer” under System Settings → Privacy & Security → App Management. Once I allowed it I was able to use the auto update from the Sonos app itself.

This really worked, Thank you well done