Skip to main content

Sonos Connect as Source - Not Speaker

• 7 June 2024
  • 5 replies

Hard to believe that using a Sonos Connect for turntable still shows up with the other speakers and cannot be identified as a Source instead — It is a Line-In Source but cannot be labeled as Turntable in new app — Well is can be labeled as such - but that Turntable label does not show when turntable is playing as a source - it just says Line-In

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

So you have to choose Line in in stead of Turntable? I can understand you would have preferred differently in an app that is advertised as customisable, but it is not the end of the world now, is it?

Not the end of the world - but the previous app version did display that it was turntable playing

I’m curious how the Sonos ‘knew’ that the connected device was a turntable, without you renaming it? To my knowledge, the only data Sonos is aware of is if there is line level data coming in, and there is no ‘and it is from this sort of device’ encoded in that data. Am I missing something?

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Not the end if the world at all. But even my S1 system shows me the name I specified for my connect's line-in.

Just another little thing that has been missed in this new ‘improved’ app.

I’m curious how the Sonos ‘knew’ that the connected device was a turntable, without you renaming it? To my knowledge, the only data Sonos is aware of is if there is line level data coming in, and there is no ‘and it is from this sort of device’ encoded in that data. Am I missing something?

There is a way in the settings both for the old app and the current one to name the input source — It used to display as Turntable in preview app version — just does not now — Did contact support and all I got in response is that currently it is not an option for it to display — Hope there is a future fix as the app has had a horrible start — I think it will be ok once they work out many the kinks - I just think the update was released prematurely