Sonos confirms Apple Music spatial audio support – and not just for its Era 300

• 9 March 2023
  • 5 replies

just for info:-

https://www.whathifi.com/news/sonos-confirms-apple-music-spatial-audio-support-and-not-just-for-its-era-300

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hey @Traveller, thank you for sharing! 🙂

Great news for Apple Music users who own a Sonos Arc, Sonos Beam(Gen 2) or the new Sonos Era 300.

Though I am using Spotify as my main Music Service, I’ll probably give it a try with the 1-month trial of Apple Music, test it on my Sonos Arc.

Userlevel 2

I wonder if this means Lossless is also coming?

They wouldn’t be tied together in code in any way that I can think of. And since it wasn’t part of the announcement, I’d put my money on “no, not yet”, but you could ask Apple directly. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Is there any info on what happens if you have surrounds connected to Arc or Beam (Gen2)?

I have Play1’s in my Arc set up and Ones in my Beam (Gen 2) setup.

look forward to hearing this when released

Userlevel 7

Is there any info on what happens if you have surrounds connected to Arc or Beam (Gen2)?

I have Play1’s in my Arc set up and Ones in my Beam (Gen 2) setup.

look forward to hearing this when released

I’d imagine it’s no different to how Amazon Music Dolby Atmos currently plays through the Arc or Beam (Gen2) with surrounds.

I have no problem playing Dolby Atmos music when the Arc surrounds are either Play:3s, Fives, Ones etc.