Skip to main content
Answered

sonos app won’t recogize sonos amp

• 6 July 2024
  • 3 replies

new Sonos out of the box which should be a simple setup procedure. The Sonos app cannot recognize my amp and after multiple attempt it finally after 25min it was set up. Next step was a mandatory system update and I’d be on my way to the sweet sound of music. Oh no, but wait, the app said unsuccessful download of mandatory update. Had to start completely over and now the app does not recognize my amp. Have to start completely over again. I left BOSE specifically for this issue and now with Sonos. I have a very strong WiFi signal and coverage in the house. Any thought before I return this easy 2 step setup Sonos amp?

3 replies

I’d double check for any virus protection, VPN, or other port blocking software first, then, if that didn’t fix it, I’d call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

Great call. Did not think about that initially. I had a WiFi booster from netgear to gain better coverage throughout the house. Unplugged it and tried to connect direct to the router and was able to get everything set up perfectly. 
Thank you for the insight, much appreciated!!

Sonos sometimes doesn’t work well (in some aspects?) with boosters, as they frequently break the local network into separate subnets, but this is pure speculation. In any case, I’m glad your got it set up and working. :)