Skip to main content
Answered

Sonos app switches room

• 18 February 2024
  • 6 replies

Every time I open my Sonos S2 app on any device, it seems to default to the last-used room anywhere in the house. The problem is often that’s the room my wife last used, rather than the room I’m in. It’s really annoying. Is there a way to make the Sonos app open on the room I’m in?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Short answer no.  The App doesn’t store this information, it’s within each Sonos device.  When the App starts, it’s initial focus is on the last controlling Sonos device.  You can change this in a smart home hub like Hubitat but not within the Sonos App.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

There is way of doing this via voice control but as you haven’t completed your profile, I don’t know what Sonos devices you have in your system nor if you use any voice assistants.

Short answer no.  The App doesn’t store this information, it’s within each Sonos device.  When the App starts, it’s initial focus is on the last controlling Sonos device.  You can change this in a smart home hub like Hubitat but not within the Sonos App.

I have Control4, but use the Sonos app. So I’m wondering if the Control4 app might give that control, I’ll give it a go.

Also, it occurs to me that if my wife had her own Sonos account, maybe it wouldn’t switch my app?

There is way of doing this via voice control but as you haven’t completed your profile, I don’t know what Sonos devices you have in your system nor if you use any voice assistants.

I only have direct voice control in 1 room -  a Beam. I have an Echo Dot in another room and a couple spare, but have found voice generally irritating and not that useful. Probably user-error😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Settings - App Prefs - Confirm Location.

It isn’t the answer but it keeps you from blasting the wrong room.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Also, it occurs to me that if my wife had her own Sonos account, maybe it wouldn’t switch my app?

No, that would be a very bad idea as you’ll end up with two independent Sonos Households on the same network, which I assume is not what you want.