Answered

Sonos App suddenly stopped connecting to Tidal

• 21 April 2024
  • 3 replies

I have a Sonos Connect and control it using the Sonos app on Android. Last week I stopped being able to access my Tidal service from the app. I tried re-authorizing, and got the message that it had worked, but when I returned to the Sonos app it said “”There was a problem adding the Tidal account. Connection could not be made.” I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Sonos app, have rebooted everything, have checked my Tidal account to make sure that it is functioning normally, but I still get the same result. Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 22 April 2024, 13:30

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Perizoso 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’m sorry to hear of the issue you’ve had trying to play from Tidal, and in trying to resolve it. To give things the best chance of going smoothly, please turn your router off for at least 30 seconds. While you are waiting, please also reboot your phone/tablet. Once WiFi returns, please wait another minute or two before trying again.

If that hasn't helped, and if you have the option, please try adding the Tidal service using a different phone/tablet.

And if you’re still struggling at this point, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

Thanks. I was able to use my previous phone (had to update the sonos app first). For whatever reason, I was able to add Tidal back on that phone, and the service is now working properly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Perizoso 

Glad to hear it! Thanks for updating the thread!