Answered

Sonos App not finding my One.

• 31 March 2024
  • 2 replies

The Sonos App bombs every time I try to connect. When I go and use the Spotify App it finds it immediately with no trouble and connects. I have seen related issues but no one is answering about any fixes. It Is An App issue not a Network issue. I would hope this is addressed in an upcoming update. The Sonos One works fine with Spotify, but not with the Sonos App. Please fix this. Great Speaker poor App.

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 1 April 2024, 15:53

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Moosewalk, welcome to the Sonos Community!

If you can’t see your speakers with the Sonos app, but can with Spotify’s direct connect and initiate playback, then it could be app permission settings.

I would recommend checking our Sonos app permissions article and checking if any settings are disabled. I know for iOS devices, Local Network and Location Services are required to use the Sonos app, so make sure they’re enabled. I would also recommend that you ensure the Sonos app and your phone are both fully up to date.

If the above doesn’t resolve your issue, then please reach out to our support team for further troubleshooting, as they have the necessary tools available to assist you.

I hope this helps!

Checked all that you suggested. Still have the issue off and on. Spotify still is the Champ finding and connecting my One. I am not going to fight it. I will wait for a couple updates and see if this has been fixed. Your App is definitely buggy. I do work in the IT field. So I do know about permissions and the like. That wasn’t the issue either. Resetting the network didn’t do it either. Spotify can connect over 300 feet to the Sonos One. So it isn’t a distance issue in the home. I will wait for the fix.