Answered

Sonos app not casting

• 10 June 2023
  • 1 reply

I have no problem casting music from the Spotify or Audible app on my cell phone to my Sonos Move. But the Sonos app itself is mostly greyed out and cannot find the speaker. On my laptop the speaker does not come up when I tried to cast from Spotify. I have a new computer and the recently installed Sonos app also can’t find find the speaker. On my old computer I also couldn’t cast from Spotify but I could cast from the Sonos app on my PC. Very frustrating.

icon

Best answer by Sotiris C. 12 June 2023, 12:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @Bosola6, welcome to Sonos Community!

First thing to check is if your phone meets the Sonos app requirements. If it does, check for any updates, in case you are not on the latest version available (15.4).

A quick reboot on all the devices involved would also be beneficial, starting with your router → Sonos Move → Sonos Controller (phone/tablet).

If the above didn’t resolve your issue, I recommend reaching out to Sonos Support for some live troubleshooting.

I hope this helps.