Answered

Sonos App not authorizing Sirius XM

• 14 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi All,

Thank you in advance. 

I am trying to get Sonos app to authorize Sirius XM account. 

1. when I go through the process to add a service on the Sonos app,  it opens the Sirius website and asks me to log into the Canadian site, which I do with not issues. 
  2. I get into the Sirius account, then nothing. 
  3. it asks me to log into the Sirius App, which I do without any issues, 
  4. It does not go back to Sonos app saying that Sirius is authorized. 

Can someone please advise on what I am doing wrong? 

Thanks so much

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 15 January 2024, 14:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @billyyul, welcome to the Sonos Community!

SiriusXM isn’t available in my region so I can’t test adding the service to my system, but the steps you posted seems to be the correct steps of adding this service to Sonos.

I would suggest making sure both the Sonos app and SiriusXM app are up to date. If they are, then try a different device, such as another phone, tablet, or computer when attempting to add SiriusXM. It’s also worth power cycling your system by powering off your router, Sonos speakers, and the controller running the Sonos/SiriusXM app in the order for around one to two minutes.

If these steps don’t resolve this for you, then I would recommend reaching out to our support team for further assistance. They have the tools available to help you troubleshoot and resolve this issue.

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Make sure your Sonos account is set to Canada, which should ensure the Sonos app expects authentication against the Canadian servers.

Thank you Jamie and Controlav. I will get back to you guys with the status of your suggestion later on this week.