SONOS app malfunctions

• 28 November 2023
  • 2 replies

For a few versions, I have observed interruptions and slowness when refreshing the SONOS app. M
Moreover, using the radio is just as painful (regular cutting of some radio stations with bonus advertising (Tune-in)!

I previously used Deezer music streaming platform but I had to use another streaming platform because I had continuously sound cuts with Deezer on my 7 speakers... very very uncomfortable! After hearing many times that it was probably my Wi-Fi I specify that I am on ORBI Wi-Fi 6 with crazy speed, and I have SONOS Wi-Fi switch !

So I find that the SONOS application is no longer of quality and is malfunctioning... yet I still love listening to SONOS sound!

Dear SONOS developers can you take these findings into account? thank you

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

This is indication of either wifi interference or duplicate IP addresses…something is getting in the way of your controller when it’s sending commands to the computer that runs the system on your speakers. 

Of course, because the speakers are temporarily losing connection to your router for some reason, TuneIn, when the speakers reconnect, considers the stream to be a ‘new’ one, and sends its normal pre-roll advertisement. If you address why your speakers are losing connection, that issue will stop as well. 
Sonos doesn’t make a WiFi switch, so I’m completely befuddled by that statement. 

Have you tried to call Sonos Support directly to discuss it?

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system. And should be able to help pin down why your speakers are dropping off your network. 

After hearing many times that it was probably my Wi-Fi I specify that I am on ORBI Wi-Fi 6 with crazy speed, 

Raw network speed capability is not the whole story. WiFi interference and network configuration issues can impede SONOS performance.

As an analogy, I was once slowly struggling along in my old clunker during glare ice conditions when a fancy 4-wheel drive sports car blasted by in the passing lane. The driver was probably snickering at my  slow, old car. A few miles later I slowly passed that sports car because it had blasted a few hundred feet off the road into a field.