Answered

Sonos app glitchy

• 19 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi hopefully someone can help/assist? All day today my Sonos system has been glitching, dropping rooms, skipping tracks, and endless error messages about cannot play selected track…while the track is actually playing! Very frustrating and Sonos is closed. I’m running the S2 app and unplugged all speakers and replugged them all in to no avail. Thanks in advance! 

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 20 March 2023, 01:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Submit a diagnostic within 10 minutes of an event, then record the confirmation number. You can report this to the phone support agent.

We don’t have access to the diagnostic here, but if you describe your SONOS system and network for us we we can make some suggestions. Models? What is wired? Wireless? Network switches? Mesh WiFi?

Don’t Factory Reset anything without further consult.

Badge

Thank you I’ll try that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Easy to try fix:

One of your neighbor’s routers or other equipment may be stepping on your Sonos signal, you can easily try switching channels to see if another works better. Best to use 1, 6 or 11 if you are using WiFi.

If you are using Ethernet connected Sonos it may even your own router at fault if it does auto-channel-switching. Lock it to 1, 6 or 11 and put your Sonos on one of the other two.

Badge

Thanks Stanley I’ll give that a try this afternoon, appreciate you guys help!