Answered

Sonos app freezing on alarm settings

• 20 September 2023
  • 2 replies

In the last two weeks, my app freezes whenever I try to adjust any alarm.

I can toggle an alarm off or on, but cannot adjust the alarm, delete and alarm or create a new alarm.

Would prefer not to “reboot devices” as we have many installed in hard to reach locations.

Happens on multiple iOS devices, so it’s not a phone storage issue.

icon

Best answer by controlav 20 September 2023, 16:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Not sure that you’re going to get away without needing to reboot the speakers, which is where the Sonos ‘app’ is really running, but if I were you, I’d call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

In the app go to System / Settings / About my System and look at Associated Product, it will be an IP address. Note the final 2 or 3 digit number. Scroll down through the System Info until you see which product has that IP address, reboot that device if it is accessible. While it is rebooting, restart the Sonos app and it will pick a different device to be the AP, see if Alarms work against that one.

In the unlikely event that the Alarms info is corrupt on every device you will need to call Sonos support.