Answered

Sonos App for iOS 12 iPad Air

• 22 January 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

HI everyone,

I am currently trying to find an iPad iOS 12 Sonos App - needless to say with no luck!

I use an Android phone as well as a Macbook Pro and have no issues with either of the Sonos apps for those two devices.

I am trying to make use of the iPad for the Trueplay option supported for iOS devices.

Does anyone know how I could find and install the appropriate Sonos App for my iPad by any chance?

FYI - my Sonos speakers are all Gen2/3 therefore the S2 version is required as I understand…

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 22 January 2023, 11:52

View original

7 replies

Here are the Sonos App controller device requirements. I assume that’s what you require?…

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/sonos-app-requirements

Badge +1

Thanks Ken, but I am after the actual App to install on my older iPad Air.

Thanks Ken, but I am after the actual App to install on my older iPad Air.

Because Apple no longer supports iOS 12, Sonos no longer fully support it either with their S2 App, at least not for system setup, or administration purposes.. you will find the current App will install and allow playback control and basic functionality only however … but for system setup and administration you need an iOS device with iOS 14, or higher, or an Android 8.0 device or higher etc.

MAC and PC controllers are in maintenance only mode and they too cannot be used for system setup/administration either.

Third party Apps are available but they’re for playback/control only too and cannot be used for setup/admin purposes - so you will need an App/Controller device that meets the requirements stated for actual system setup. Hope that assists.

You could look at setting up some of your products on S1 I guess (not recommended) as the requirements there are slightly less for that older type of setup and the products that are compatible are shown in the below link, but note (important) you will need to put your hands on an S1 only product to create an S1 system (it’s not possible to setup such a system with a device that is both S1/S2 compatible) and any devices run previously on S2 will need to be put through a Sonos downgrade process using the S2 App anyway on a compatible/supported iOS/Android device.

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/sonos-s2-compatibility

Badge +1

Thanks again Ken, i will ask my son to install the S2 App on his iPhone from which I will then sign in and utilise the Trueplay option for each speaker. 

Appreciate your input though, cheers!

Thanks again Ken, i will ask my son to install the S2 App on his iPhone from which I will then sign in and utilise the Trueplay option for each speaker. 

Appreciate your input though, cheers!

Have you tried the S2 App available here - https://support.sonos.com/en-us/downloads I’m sure it will install I’m just not sure if the Trueplay option will work but at least you can use it for playback control etc.

Badge +1

Unfortunately it does not install...

Unfortunately it does not install...

Ah well it was worth a try, I guess you’re gonna have to borrow an iOS device in that case or time to upgrade the tablet, perhaps?