Skip to main content

sonos app doesnt recognize system on iphone but ipad does!! both worked an hour ago?!?

• 19 December 2023
  • 27 replies

I have the sonos app downloaded on two iPhones and an iPad. Out of the blue one of the iPhones says it does not recognize an existing Sonos system, but the other iPhone and iPad work fine. Try to connect the iPhone and I can’t find anything, wants me to reset my router. this is absolutely stupid, because it worked literally two hours ago. What could go wrong? What kind of a glitch in the software creates this glitch, how ridiculous!!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

27 replies

I have the sonos app downloaded on two iPhones and an iPad. Out of the blue one of the iPhones says it does not recognize an existing Sonos system, but the other iPhone and iPad work fine. Try to connect the iPhone and I can’t find anything, wants me to reset my router. this is absolutely stupid, because it worked literally two hours ago. What could go wrong? What kind of a glitch in the software creates this glitch, how ridiculous!!

Following the Sonos app update, I had a similar issue this morning - however, it was the iPad that just would not ‚find‘ the Sonos Five on the network whilst it‘s working fine on the iPhone. Both up-to-date with iOS etc. To cut a long story short, resetting the iPad’s network settings and that resolved the issue. Perhaps this could work for the iPhones as well.

I also had this problem on one of our iphones. It is now working after turning on Sonos background app refresh in the Sonos settings. It was turned on for my other working devices.