Skip to main content
Question

Sonos app crashes

• 20 May 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi all,

I just downloaded the Sonos App on my Android phone yesterday so as to be able to use two Sonos/IKEA,Symfonisk bookshelf speakers I got recently. Unfortunately, while the app does detect the speaker I've turned on, it always crashes while on this screen:

What to do? I have no other Sonos devices.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Uninstall the app. Return the speakers. Come back in a few months and ask if it’s safe to buy their products again 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Ikea speakers seem to be especially affected - other reports of failure to install are posted here. 

Same problem here with a port … .  Lost quite some time already trying to fix this problem.

I tried again from an old tablet, and things worked (sort of) - after I stayed up until 3am trying every possible order in which to do things.

However, the only thing that seems to work is SONOS radio. How do I play a file in my collection, say? For that matter, can I use the SONOS speakers from my computer?

I don’t know if there was an update, but after 4 days of trying to add a new sonos port to the new app, it finally worked (before, each time the app crashed).