Answered

Sonos app can't see Port but Spotify app can stream to it

• 12 August 2023
  • 3 replies

So here's a weird problem I have this morning. My Sonos app on my iPhone refuses to see my Sonos Port but my Spotify app on the same iPhone has no problem seeing it and streaming music to it. 

Any ideas how to get the Sonos app to see it? I have tried restarting the app multiple times. 

icon

Best answer by ratty 12 August 2023, 22:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

If you close the Sonos App fully (slide off screen) and cycle the iPhones Wifi network connection off/on, and reopen the App, does it then find the Port?

Not weird at all really. Spotify Connect uses a cloud based bridge between Spotify and Sonos. The Port is connected to the internet fine, but your phone simply can’t discover it on the local network. Have you tried (a) restarting the phone, (b) restarting the Port, or (c) restarting the router?

An hour later (and a trip out of the house) and the problem cleared itself. Thanks for the explanation of what was going on and the problem solving steps for next time. Much appreciated.