Skip to main content
Question

Sonos app and Radio France service

• 15 May 2024
  • 4 replies

When Radio France stopped being streamed by Tune In, Sonos provided a solution with the new Radio France service that could be installed and solved the problem… until it stopped working after a recent Sonos update.
Any idea about what the problem is?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’ve been listening to several France Musique channels via their new Sonos service. Until today, it has worked great. Now, however, I get “Unable to play ‘FIP’ - the song is not encoded correctly” — same for all France Musique channels. Any ideas?

Thank you for your reply. I am correct if I understand from your image that you use the controller on your computer?

My problem is with the new app on my iPhone and iPad.

Wen I use the controller on my computer (that for some obscure reason I cannot update but have to reinstall if I want a new version - I’ll stick to the old one as long as those issues are not solved!) everything works fine, including France Musique and FIP.

A strange thing happens: if I start any Radio France channel from the computer app, it then appears on the iPhone or iPad app in the recent channels list and I can start them from that icon, whereas nothing happens clicking on the icons in the Radio France service. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Working okay for me.  New app to ikea symfonisk frame speaker 😅

France Inter & FIP all working. 

After today’s update of the iOS app, everything seems to be working well, including access to the different streams of each station!

thank you Sonos

(but don’t send out such flawed apps again!)