Answered

Sonos App & Amazon Prime Music - Loss of Album Tracks

• 3 November 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2

I have Amazon Prime Music on my Sonos App and yesterday when going to play some albums (including those I have purchased) the app no longer displays the tracks on the album. Previously they all listed. If I click the album it will play the album and you can skip to next song etc but you cannot select to play from a list as you could before.

I use the SONOS S1 app due to older equipment (Sonos 5’s and amp) and cannot afford to upgrade everything.

Anyone else have this issue?

icon

Best answer by Smilja 4 November 2022, 19:04

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

I’m wondering if this is related to the issue being discussed here:

Userlevel 7

I am having similar issues with Amazon Music. When I search for an album in the Sonos app and tap on the album from Amazon Music, rather than displaying the album track list, it will just play a random song from the album or a random song from another artist. Hopefully Sonos/Amazon are aware of this and will fix it soon.

There’s not much that Sonos can do, beyond telling Amazon that there are issues on Amazon’s servers with the implementation of the API. All your Sonos is doing is sending a request to Amazon, and Amazon is supposed to fulfill that request by sending you the music. There’s not a lot of ‘Sonos’ in the middle, there.

i am also having this issue, though the behavior i am seeing is all amazon “choices” result in a “station” being added to the queue, with no individual tracks listed.

for example, using either the search in S2 or the path:

select a music source/amazon music/my music/artists/the beatles/sgt pepper

leaves three results: all artist tracks, sgt pepper’s…, sgt pepper’s… remastered.

selecting any of those does not advance to the next screen showing the album tracks. instead a random/related song begins playing: first was the actual sgt pepper’s track— but from a compilation album, second attempt began playing white rabbit from the platoon soundtrack album (???).

this is the same behavior i experience on my tablet running ios 15.5 and S2 14.18.1. desktop is win 7 running S2/Sonos controller for PC 13.2

As of Nov. 1st, Amazon Prime Music has ceased to exist, at least in its previous form. It’s similar to Spotify Free now just without ads.

Didn't Amazon email you all about the upcoming change? I have an Amazon Music Unlimited subscription so I don't know.

I'm afraid Amazon since the November update, has hobbled Amazon Prime Music, I lost all my Amazon based playlists, basically you are limited to stations, and 6 skips an hour, it's awful. I've just gone for the 30 day free Unlimited and predictably all my playlists work again, Bezos strikes again, I suppose someone needs to pay for his rockets. 

Userlevel 2

As of Nov. 1st, Amazon Prime Music has ceased to exist, at least in its previous form. It’s similar to Spotify Free now just without ads.

Didn't Amazon email you all about the upcoming change? I have an Amazon Music Unlimited subscription so I don't know.

I did get a mail “we have improved your Amazon Music Prime benefit at no additional cost”! haha!

Going to the Amazon website, it still shows as Amazon Music Prime. Today I also note the Amazon Music Prime “click on link box” does show as one of the features “Shuffle play any album, artist or playlist”

I guess this is when it changed. I didn’t notice as I only use it through the Sonos App.

@wkbglobal, Here’s an official announcement.

https://www.amazonforum.com/s/feed/0D56Q0000AIXzAoSQL

This is impacting their playlists as well. I can no longer get a track listing of the playlist, so no idea what songs are on a playlist! Looking at reviews on App Store of Amazon music since the “upgrade” it appears to be a massive downgrade. Might have to look at Deezer, Spotify or Apple Music as Amazon Prime is useless if I can’t see what it is going to play. Think it is entirely an Amazon issue, not a Sonos issue.