Skip to main content

Sonos app 80.xx.xx

• 19 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Your latest app update (May, 2024) has SERIOUS user drawbacks, and lacks basic functionality that your previous version(s) had.
A (non-exhaustive) list of problems I encountered were:
• No Scroll-bar button for long playlists or folder navigation
• No time-scroll bar for currently playing songs
• No ability to add music to the current queue
• No ability to select all files in a folder
• No Ability to play from the Folder view
• Non-intuitive interface (compared to previous versions)
• Constant inability to find system without restarting app several times
• No Alarm function
• Loss of all previous playlist content - Lists were still there, but were empty
• Hidden Personal Folders option

With the amount of missing / forgotten / changed content that was published I could venture to guess that either your Quality Assurance (QA) Team is woefully understaffed / underfunded, or a Director (or VP) thought they understood Agile and pushed for too-soon publishing date of an MVP (Minimum Viable Product) without consulting either the UI / UX Team, Development Team, or both.

If your Team(s) are looking for help, I can share my resume - I have experience in UI / UX and Agile.
I look forward to hearing when our newest App has all functionality of the old one (or viable reasons why it can’t).
Until then, I’ll be installing version 16.05.2024 and NOT updating.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 2

I was forced to update. Old SONOS App would not respond without updating. you are very generous with your offer to help. They need it.

I AM TOTALLY SCREWED.

I invested in SONOS to play my owned (purchased) digital music archive.
The files are on a NAS drive. I have:
Play 5 (Media Room)
Play 3 (Studio)
Play 1 (pair) (Garage)
S1 (pair) (Office)
Port (to feed my analog vinyl and CD collection to SONOS

BEFORE update I could easily play my music in any room, or different music in different rooms; It was heaven— all controlled by iOS app.

I DO NOT WANT TO SUBSCRIBE TO A STREAMING SERVICE.
REPEAT: I DO NOT WANT TO SUBSCRIBE TO A STREAMING SERVICE.

AFTER update— NADA. ZIP, no music at all. Won’t recognize or connect to the NAS, won’t connect to a USB on my computer, won’t connect to a FOLDER on my computer. ABSOLUTLEY USELESS.

I’m going to cut my losses. $1000s + in equipment, hours of setup, and now hours of frustration.
Anyone want 7 boat anchors?
Any recommendations to feed my digital library throughout the house?
Perhaps AirPlay and new speakers will do the trick.

And SONOS remember—
1. it’s much easier to keep an existing customer than to find a new one.
2. An unhappy customer is much more vocal than a happy customer.
3. THINK Flywheel not Funnel. You burned me over and out. Lesson learned.