Skip to main content
Answered

SONOS ANDROID APP KEEPS STOPPING

• 18 July 2024
  • 7 replies

I am trying to use SONOS APP on my ANDROID phone ( Android 13 )

Each time I try to open the APP,  I get a message “Sonos keeps stopping”.  And the APP then closes.

SAME WITH MY WIFE’s ANDRIOD PHONE  ( Android 13 also ) i.e. it isn’t just me / my phone.

So, if I were reliant on those phone interfaces, I WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS SONOS.

This very frustrating issue started a couple of days ago.

Fortunately, Sonos still works on the Windows PC platform.

I have removed the APP from the phone then reinstall ;  unfortunately I get the SAME RESULT.

Any ideas / suggestions ?

7 replies

If you reboot all your players by unplugging them, then load the app it should work. Loading music from your library will cause it to crash again. You’ll have to stream music until they fix it 

more info here 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Ian Judd, here’s what is going on with the latest snafu …

Userlevel 1

You can access your library through the web browser app

https://play.sonos.com/

Userlevel 1

You can access your library using the web app
https://play.sonos.com

Same for me on iOS…wants to load, then crashes over and over. 
I have to say, this most recent update when it was working, wasn’t the most intuitive to begin with, and now with all this crashing I’d like to return to the old app!

Same for me on iOS…wants to load, then crashes over and over. 
I have to say, this most recent update when it was working, wasn’t the most intuitive to begin with, and now with all this crashing I’d like to return to the old app!

I’ve had this issue a few times. Sometimes deleting then reinstalling the app fixes it. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

What is going on with this company

Nothing but issues since they updated this blinking app.

I have 19 product and I'm almost binning the lot I'm soooooooooo frustrated and angry ....I could swear... But won't.... Ffs