Answered

sonos and spotify

• 5 November 2023
  • 5 replies

When I connect Spotify to sonos devices, from within Spotify app. the sonos app shows started from Spotify and queue not available.

is there a way to add songs to the devices from other sonos music services, which could include Spotify itself?  

icon

Best answer by buzz 5 November 2023, 21:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

When I connect Spotify to sonos devices, from within Spotify app. the sonos app shows started from Spotify and queue not available.

is there a way to add songs to the devices from other sonos music services, which could include Spotify itself?  

Possibly, by using the Spotify premium service within the Sonos App (I think🤔?). That said, I’m not entirely sure as I don’t use Spotify premium, but it can be done with all the other paid subscription services, like Deezer, Amazon & Apple Music. I do know that it can’t be done with the Spotify ‘free’ ad-based version however as it doesn’t use the Sonos room queue, but creates a streaming session instead. See attached.

Thanks, we do have premium.  if i do quick on queue it says end session but really would love to ad songs to what’s playing

Thanks, we do have premium.  if i do quick on queue it says end session but really would love to ad songs to what’s playing

It must be the way that Spotify choose to use their service on Sonos then, it’s not a music service I have ever used, except their ad-free service, so sorry I couldn’t help here.

Select a Spotify as the music source in the SONOS controller and select a track. Open options for that rack and add “Add to End of Queue” or “Replace Queue”. You can add a single track or the whole list. Now, you can save the Queue as a SONOS Playlist.

yes but you can't see queu in sonos