Skip to main content

Brand new Sonos Amp newly configured and setup to play Spotify playlist at 11:00 AM CST, but it starts playing Bob Marley at 6:00 AM CST. I don’t know how it is doing that as I have never setup an alarm to start music at 6:00 AM, ever!

Check to see that you are set to the correct time zone.

Has it done this more than once? There was an app outage last night and some people’s systems just randomly turned back on when it reset.

Check to see that you are set to the correct time zone.

It is set to the correct timezone.

Has it done this more than once? There was an app outage last night and some people’s systems just randomly turned back on when it reset.

It did this for several days in a row, basically every day since it was configured.  When I deleted the 11:00 AM alarm, it stopped playing it the following days. I will try adding the alarm to start at 11:30 AM tomorrow and see what happens. I will again verify the timezone is set correctly, but it has been verified in the past when it was doing this.

Hello @poolboy610, welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’d like to apologize for the delay on the response, and I’m sorry to hear you are experiencing alarms on your Sonos system going off at the wrong time.

We are currently investigating the above issue but do not have an ETA for a fix.

You are mentioning the alarm playing Bob Marley, is the artist part of the Spotify playlist or a completely random song?

Let us know what happened when you set up the alarm to play at 11:30 AM, if it played at 6:30 AM then as a temporary workaround you could adjust the time to suit your needs.

Thank you for your patience and for reporting this.

This issue is resolved. I had to once again factory reset the device, for another reason, and once I did, and set it up again, it worked as it should. Thanks for your responses.