Answered

SONOS Amp Not Seeing New Directories in the Music Library

• 13 January 2024
  • 4 replies

My SONOS amp is not seeing new folders added to the Music Library. I have re-indexed.  The Music Library is hosted on a Window 10 PC.  I have confirmed that I can see new directories from a second PC.

Any thoughts on what would be causing this issue or on how to fix it?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 17 January 2024, 17:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Bruce Bateman 

Maybe the following support document will help. How large is your music library? Indexing is limited by memory of your Sonos devices. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I assume you have installed the Sonos app on the PC hosting the files?

You say that another PC can see it, which implies you are using a file share, which is not necessary in your case: SonosLibraryService will share your files without the challenges of setting up a file share.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Bruce Bateman

Maybe the following support document will help. How large is your music library? Indexing is limited by memory of your Sonos devices. 

Sorry… forgot the link. 😉

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/missing-tracks-or-albums-in-sonos-music-library

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Bruce Bateman 

Thanks for your post!

There’s a plethora of possible causes for what’s going wrong - I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.