Answered

Sonos always enable Spotify smart shuffle

• 4 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Spotify shuffle has three states: not shuffled, shuffled, smart shuffled. The third option will let Spotify recommend and add songs to your queue and playlist.

However, Sonos only have two. When enabling shuffling on Sonos, it will actually enable smart shuffle on Spotify, leading to unwanted songs in my playlist.

A current workaround is just disconnect and revoke spotify approval to sonos. I think it’s the problem from Sonos side.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 5 January 2024, 12:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @user1333333337 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’d love to try and assist, but I’m not entirely clear on what you mean - though I don’t use the Spotify app at all, so maybe it’s me.

Are you using the Spotify app to initiate playback, or the Sonos app? And the same goes for shuffle - which app are you pressing the shuffle button in?

If you initiate playback from the Spotify app and hit Shuffle in the Sonos app, I have to admit I’m not sure would/should happen, but if you can clarify, I’ll be happy to investigate.