Skip to main content
Answered

Sonos Albums

• 15 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello. In the last two weeks, sonos won’t play saved albums and says “unable to browse music”.

Also, it won’t play any albums once you have searched for them (in the search area) but might play a selected song from the album Or it plays something entirely different. 

This has also happened to a friend and we don’t know what to do. 

Thank you. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Are these your own albums stored locally on a NAS/HDD, or are they held on a mobile device, or are you accessing them from a particular music service?

Hello and thanks for responding. They are albums I have saved from Amazon music so that I can find them more easily. Any albums that are stored from my NAS drive, will play but anything that has been “favourited” in the album section says “unable to browse music”. I don’t know whether this is an Amazon thing or a Sonos problem. 

@st1815,

This is just a guess at this point, but are you perhaps using Amazon ‘Prime’ Music, or their ‘Music Unlimited’ service? 

Only there have been some big changes with the Amazon ‘Prime’ service recently, around the time you first encountered your issue.

Perhaps it’s due to those changes, if you are using ‘Prime’.. See these ‘example’ links:

If you do a search on the November 2022 changes to Amazon Music you will perhaps see the various changes in question.

Thank you. I feared that this might be the case and appreciate your help. I clearly need to upgrade my basic Amazon account or will go over to Spotify. 

Amazon’s done a pretty thorough job in making lots of people unhappy with this change.