Skip to main content
Answered

Sonos adding commercials to alarm?!

• 26 August 2023
  • 2 replies

This morning I woke up to a laser surgery commercial, followed by music from the non-commercial radio station I had set as my alarm on Sonos (mid-song). The commercial was not from the radio station. Previously the Sonos alarm would go straight to the music I had set as the alarm, and it was great. Now it’s not great at all. It seems Sonos is now inserting commercials. Is there a way to avoid these commercials? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Which service was the radio invoked through? Sonos Radio? Sonos Radio HD? TuneIn? Some pre-roll ads are unavoidable these days. 

If you’re able to locate the direct URL for the station in question and can still access My Radio Stations via the old TuneIn interface you could always try using that.

Thank you! Yes this was the problem. Sonos apparently was getting the station through iHeart Radio, which was adding the commercial at the start. I was able to access the same station another way so no more commercials at the start now (again). Now just wish it was easier to connect direct to the station.