Answered

Sonos 1 started skipping only certain songs on apple music

• 8 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Had 2 Sonos speakers for a few years now. Today some songs skip due to “not encoded correctly” error (appears on desktop and app controllers). These songs have always played without. problem previously and they are in a playlist created 10 years ago on iTunes (Where they still work without error). One particular playlist skips the first 3 tracks entirely. I have read some explanations which. claim. it could be wifi interference, but this issue is only on specific songs not constantly.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 8 April 2023, 18:47

View original

2 replies

Update:
I have 1 Apple Music account
there are 2 users on the account (me & my Partner) with a single library
Both user accounts are added as services on Sonos
Some playlists are shared between both user accounts
Some of the songs on the playlist (Approx 80% of them) will not play when using my user account despite the fact they are long standing playlists, yet all the songs play without issue when played from my partner’s user account.
So same songs, same iTunes library, same playlist, different result when played!!!
Major MINDF**K

Why not submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it? 

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.