Answered

Song Title Not Updating Sirius

• 5 November 2020
  • 22 replies

Userlevel 2

When streaming Sirius Channel 710, The Loft, the song title has stopped updating. This has been going on over a week. 

I have tried deleting and reinstalling Sirius. Sometimes it updates for a minute but then stops. 

icon

Best answer by areade 9 January 2021, 18:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

22 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @emcee, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear that you’re having issues with Sirius Xm The Loft channel 710. I’ll ask some questions to check further on this issue.

• When did the issue start happening?
  • Is it working before or is it the first time that you tried it on Sirius XM?
  • Is it working fine on the native Sirius XM App?
  • Have you tried it on another controller device if the same issue occurs?
  • Are there any settings or changes that were made on the Sirius XM and the Sonos App?
  • Are you getting an error message when it tries to update?
  • Are other channels working fine except this specific channel?

Answers to these questions will help us check what could be causing this issue. 

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Hello, 

I have had the same problem with Spoon Radio for almost one month now: whether I play it with TuneIn or Sonos Radio, the song titles don't update anymore. It’s happening on both my iPhone and my Mac. I’m not having these problems with other radios. 

Weird and annoying…. 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Sonos app, but it was ineffective. 

Any idea of what’s going on? Is it a Spoon Radio-only problem, or has it something to do with Sonos? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Kitiara_u, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Sorry to know about your issue on Spoon Radio. Let’s check further on this issue as we only have an ongoing outage on radio.net if you’ll check status.sonos.com.

It is also possible that it is on the specific station that is having the issue since you tried it both on TuneIn and Sonos Radio. Kindly check if it’s within the station itself.

If you have other questions with your Sonos products, feel free to reach out.

Userlevel 2

Hi Simon:

Thanks for responding. Here are answers to your questions:

This started happening about two weeks ago.

Yes, It used to work fine, song titles updating with each new song.

Yes, it works on the native Sirius app.

Yes, it occurs on other devices such as my iPad.

I have not made any changes to the Sonos app. There may have been an update, not sure.

No error message. It just stays stuck on one song title.

Yes, other Sirius channels seem to work.  Only Sirius 710 The Loft is the problem.

Hopefully, you can get the tech folks to take a look.

Thanks,

Michael

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @emcee, thanks for the update and the information that you provided. Since you’ve tried all possible and necessary troubleshooting steps and we can’t determine what could be causing this issue. I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps so they can make a troubleshooting ticket about this issue and give options about this concern. 

Hi Simon,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

The problem has apparently been solved (today). Finally!

I sent a message to Spoon Radio on FB a couple of days ago but received no answer. I assume that the problem was on their side. 

Best,

Céline

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Kitiara_u, thanks for the update. I’m glad that it worked fine already. It may have been an issue with Spoon Radio. If you have any questions or run into any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always happy to assist you.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Userlevel 2

What is the phone number for support? Can’t seem to find it on the web site from the link you provided.

Does Sonos support still exist? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @emcee, thanks for the update. I’ll send you a private message about your inquiry if you can’t find it on the link that I provided. 

If there is anything else I can do for you, please, don’t hesitate to let me know.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Badge

@Simon B This is still an issue and happening on other channels. Is Sonos actively working on this? Getting frustrating. Worked fine before the V12 update.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi there @N15663, Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to know that you have the same issue on other channels on Sirius XM. Kindly answer these questions that I’ve asked above so that we can check further since we don’t have any ongoing outage for Sirius XM stations. 

• Are there any settings or changes that were made on the Sirius XM and the Sonos App?

Badge

Hi there @N15663, Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to know that you have the same issue on other channels on Sirius XM. Kindly answer these questions that I’ve asked above so that we can check further since we don’t have any ongoing outage for Sirius XM stations. 

a few months ago, around the time of the v12 change. I did submit a diagnostic/open a case  at the time deleting and re-adding the service worked but it broke again soon after

Never had a problem before

Yes  that’s where I go if I want to find out the song title 

yes  it’s consistent in all controllers

no

no  stays stuck on one song 

it happens on multiple channels  it’s hard to say if it’s all channels as I only listen to a handful a d the issue is intermittent. The channel the OP referenced I don’t listen too though and they’re also having this problem. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi there @N15663, thanks for the update and the information that you provided. Since this issue is only happening on the Sonos App and not on the native Sirius XM App. We’ll take this further, I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps. They may request remote access to check about what’s happening on the Sonos App for Sirius Xm and give additional steps and options to resolve this issue. 

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

I also have been having this issue for several months now. This happens both on my home Sonos system and other house’s systems that I control. Very frustrating.

I also experience this

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Tstrass96 & @areade, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry if both of you are also having the same issue. Can you answer the questions I asked above so that we can get further information on the current situation and we can check what could be possibly causing the issue. This would help us a lot to give proper and right steps for troubleshooting this issue. I’ll appreciate any information we can get to resolve this issue. 

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Badge

This has been happening for me on Mac and iOS for many weeks now (SiriusXMU channel). It’s not quite annoying enough to reach out to “phone support” - so has anyone on this thread actually gotten it fixed through something they did themselves?

• atleast 6 months
  • My SiriusXM app displays full song info for each song. Sonos displays incorrect info and doesn't change
  • Yes 
  • Only have one controller (Android Phone)
  • No
  • No song data doesn't change
  • No all channels for SiriusXM display incorrect song info

Solved!!!

I discovered selecting the channel from the main list (not favorites) will provide live information as songs change. Selecting the channel from favorites displays static information.

Badge

Thanks so much @areade! That did the trick for me. I tried removing my channel (35) from Sonos Favorites and adding it back from the main list, and it seems to be working properly now. Hopefully it’s fixed for good now.

Badge

@Simon B this appears to be widespread and a bug. Has Sonos reproduced this internally and working on a fix? The suggestion the other poster made is a workaround, not a solution. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Simon B this appears to be widespread and a bug. Has Sonos reproduced this internally and working on a fix? The suggestion the other poster made is a workaround, not a solution. 

Based on @nfarina’s post, Sirius changed the streaming url. The old one still works but without the track data, and the new url works just fine. Not a Sonos issue - Sirius fixed their service, but used a new url to do so, so the Sonos Favorite became stale.