Answered

song selection

• 25 September 2023
  • 3 replies

I am the main account holder, when on the sono app, when I search for a specific song, it doesn't play it, it selects artist of similar kind or same atlrtiwt but didn't song. This feature I expect if it was someone in my household sharing my account as a 2nd person but not the main account holder. Being the bill payer I expect to be able to play what I want. Any help appreciated 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 29 September 2023, 12:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Not sure how ‘the main account holder’ makes a difference here. The action should be the same on anyone using the Sonos controller, no matter whether they’re the account holder or not.

What music source are you finding/trying to play on your Sonos system? Amazon? Apple Music? Pandora? Spotify? Local Music?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

This is normal behavior for Spotify free, I think…..

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Richie0477 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

This is normal behavior for Spotify free, I think…..

It’s also normal for Amazon Prime. To help you, we really need to know what service you are using, and what tier you pay for on it.

As “the bill payer”, you have expectations, which is fair. As of yet, we don’t know who you’re paying the bill to - perhaps it would be best to speak to them?

I hope this helps.